CCA (Co-Curricular Activities) is an important component of character education in Spectra Secondary School, and forms a part of the holistic, well-rounded education that we seek to provide our students.
Objectives of CCA
- Opportunity to develop core knowledge and skills relative to their CCA, through authentic learning experiences.
- Opportunity to develop leisure and lifetime interests
- Platform for students to learn about themselves and others beyond the classroom
- Platform for healthy friendship and team spirit to be forged
By participating in a CCA, students will be able to:
- Acquire a new skill
- Develop their leadership capacity.
- Enlarge their social network by interacting with peers from the various disciplines
- Improve emotional and physical aspects of life
- Earn CCA points that can be used to improve their overall GPA for entry into ITE.
CCA Policy Spectra Secondary
- It is mandatory for every student to participate in at least one CCA.
- Students must attend all CCA activities.
- Absence from CCA must be supported by medical certificates or parents’ letters, which must be submitted to the CCA teacher promptly.
- Every student is expected to be committed and contribute actively to his/ her CCA that he/ she has chosen.
- Students may seek approval from HOD PE and CCA to take up a second CCA in school.
CCA @ Spectra
Spectra offer CCA from 4 different groups namely the Uniformed Groups (UG), Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) Groups, Physical Sports or Clubs and Societies (C&S)
|Physical Sports||Uniformed Group||Visual & Performing Arts||Clubs and Societies|
|Football||NCDCC||Dance Club||Robotic Club|
|Floorball||Girl Guides||Music Club||Culinary Arts|
|Basketball||Drama Club||Art Club|
Transfer of CCA
All transfer requests must be submitted formally in writing to HOD PE and CCA for consideration and approval.
1. EAGLES Award:
The aim is to award students who excel in the non-academic areas:
- Achievement/ Accomplishment in CCA
- Outstanding Leadership
- Community Service
2. CCA Role Model Award
This award is given out every semester to recognise top-performing students in each CCA.
3. Other subsidiary Awards (Given internally within each CCA)
This is given out within each respective CCA. Awards are given at the discretion of the CCA teachers to recognize positive traits such as sportsmanship, creativity, diligence, commitment, etc.
CCA Orientation for new students
This is held in January for new students to find out more about CCAs offered in Spectra. Students will have to complete the CCA Option Form (where they must indicate their choices of CCAs) and submit to their Form Teacher. CCA is allocated according to student’s choice which is subjected to availability as well.
|Football (Boys)||Mr Mano – ICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Football (Girls)||Mdm Hayati – ICemail@example.com|
|Ms Nur Hudafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Basketball||Mr Jason Lui – ICemail@example.com|
|Mr Lim Hwee Chongfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Floorball||Mr Asraf – ICemail@example.com|
|Ms Joey Zhoufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Aliffy Harisemail@example.com|
|Athletics||Mr Aron Poh – ICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Ahmad Sufianemail@example.com|
|Mr Francis Limfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Liew Hian Weiemail@example.com|
|Visual & Performing Arts|
|Dance||Mr Sabar – ICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Fynn Yeoemail@example.com|
|Music||Ms Nirmala – ICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Tan Mei Yinemail@example.com|
|Mr Kenneth Limfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Drama||Ms Suzanah – ICemail@example.com|
|NCDCC||Ms Christina – OCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Lee Lye Pengemail@example.com|
|Mr Zhang Jingdafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Peter Hoemail@example.com|
|Ms Christine Tayfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girl Guides||Ms Huda – OCemail@example.com|
|Clubs & Society|
|Media Club||Ms Rashidah – ICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Culinary Arts||Mr Justin Chua – ICemail@example.com|
|Ms Heng Wei Yifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Art Club||Ms Eva Hong – ICemail@example.com|
|Ms Teo Siew Kuangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Lim Meng Fuemail@example.com|
|Robotics and Electronics Club||Mr Khafidz – ICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Entrepreneur Club||Ms Jassie Ong Siew Geoh – ICemail@example.com|
|Ms Lew Wan Laifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Aron Gohemail@example.com|