Broad Curriculum Content
- Acquire a range of motor skills to participate in a variety of physical activities.
- Understand and apply movement concepts, principles and strategies in a range of physical activities.
- Demonstrate a safe practices during physical and daily activities with respect to themselves, others and environment.
- Display positive personal and social behaviour across different experiences.
- Acquire and maintain health-enhancing fitness through regular participation in physical activities.
- Enjoy and value the benefits of living a physically active and healthy life.
The purpose of Physical Education is to enable students to demonstrate individually and with others the physical skills, practices, and values to enjoy a lifetime of active, healthy living.
Focus on learning areas:
- Outdoor Education
- Physical Health and Fitness(Making meaningful connections through health concepts and practical application through experiential learning
- Physical Sports
- Direct Instruction and Indirect Instruction
- Interactive Teaching-(The instruction process is controlled by the teacher and the teacher decide the next steps based on response from the students)
- A combination of demonstration by the PE teacher, individual and peer practice to reinforce the key teaching cues of games skills
- Teacher-led facilitation after actual games situations to reinforce students’ intra and interpersonal skills (e.g. winning with humility, accepting defeats graciously and etc.)
- Cooperative learning in getting students to apply their knowledge and skills for healthy and active living through authentic project work (e.g. organising an interclass sports event)
- ICT-enabled instruction by getting students to use on line apps to monitor self or peer’s personal fitness plan. ( Marathon @ Spectra)
|Lower and Upper Secondary|
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Performance Level Assessment(ELOs)||50%||Performance Level Assessment(ELOs)||50%|
|3Rs (Responsibility, Respect, Resilient)||30%||3Rs (Responsibility, Respect, Resilient)||30%|
|SEL Components||20%||SEL Components||20%|
Physical Sports @ Spectra Secondary PE Programme
|Track and Field||Badminton||Volleyball||Sepak Takraw||Softball||Basketball||Bowling|
|Ultimate Frisbee||Football||Handball||Inline Blading#||Swimming#||Physical Health Fitness (PHF) Module||Outdoor Education Module|
Awards and Recognition
At the end of each semester, one male and one female student from each class will be awarded with the following awards:
- Outstanding Physical Education Award (Character)
- Criteria for this award are based on demonstration of the school values: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience, and the Social Emotional competencies of Self-Management and Relationship Management.
- Outstanding Physical Education Award (Skill)
- Criteria for this award are based on demonstration of the expected learning outcome of that sports that is being taught.
|Viknesvaran S/O Veeramuthu||Head of Department – PE/CCA & Art Educationemail@example.com|
|Kevin Teo Tze Yong||Year Head firstname.lastname@example.org|
|R Mano Haran||Assistant Year Head email@example.com|
|Liew Hian Wai||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Muhammad Aliffy Bin Haris||Teacheremail@example.com|
|Sharonjit Kaur||Teaching & Learning Executivefirstname.lastname@example.org|